How to change LIC BRANCH of your LIC POLICY?

LIC OF INDIA is the biggest life insurance company in India operating since 1956 with more than 2000 branches and offices. To change a LIC BRANCH for your LIC POLICY is very easy. Simply write the mail or give a written request to your home LIC BRANCH mentioning the name of the new LIC BRANCH and your LIC POLICY will be shifted from your old LIC BRANCH to new LIC BRANCH which you demanded.


1) . In LIC OF INDIA each branch has a name either simply numeric like 122 or 91 or 113 or any number something like that. Sometimes you will find the name of the LIC BRANCH will be the combination of numberic letters followed by English alphabets like 11A or 91P or 11P etc.

2). LIC BRANCH is usually written on your FIRST PREMIUM RECEIPT and also on the LIC POLICY bond.

34 thoughts on “How to change LIC BRANCH of your LIC POLICY?

  1. Dear Sir,

    I have one elder Brother he is handicapped and i want to take one lic policy for him so he and his family will live life with out and financial problem so please guide me which is more help full for my brother.

    My Age : 27 Year
    My Income: 3 lac/a
    My brother age: 33 year

    so please guide me how i invest for him


    Gaurang Patel

    • Dear Gaurang,
      There are various conditions in which you can buy LIC POLICY for your brother. LIC offers variety of LIFE INSURANCE PLANS for physically handicapped people.
      If your brother is partially handicapped and employed or self employed then he, himself can buy LIC POLICY on his name and any normal LIC POLICY will work for him. like LIC ENDOWMENT PLAN, LIC MONEY BACK PLAN etc. For taking LIC POLICY on his name he has to undergo for medical test through TPA and LIC OF INDIA will pay for this test. These tests are basically questionnaire and are known as CNS Questionnaire and Deformity Questionnaire.


      If he is fully handicapped and dependent on someone even then also LIC OF INDIA offers two LIC PLANS for fully handicapped people namely JEEVAN AADHAR and JEEVAN VISHWAS which you can buy for him.

      If you are in Delhi NCR, visit LIC HELP LINE for locating an LIC HELPLINE authorized advisor near you or call me at the number mentioned on LIC HELPLINE.

    • LIC has more than 30cr policholders with more than 2000 branches all over India. In case any policyholder wants to change his home branch, he has to give a written letter or mail to his home branch mentioning the details of his policy as well as the details of new LIC branch where he wants to transfer his lic policy.

      This will be done in 5-7 working days or your LIC AGENT can also help you as agents usually do not get any transfer.

  2. Dear Sir,
    maine meerut division 2006 CBO-3 Ghaziabad (agent) se ek policy Feb.2012 me li hai, ab mai chahta hun ki mere home town pratapgarh 220 B.O. Pratapgarh me transfer ho jaye…….
    kripya mujhe batayen yah kaise ho sakta hai eske liye mujhe kya karna padega……aur esme agent ka kya roll hai……
    Please reply as soon as possible……

    • To change the address of your policy,
      You can send a letter by courier for the branch manager of old branch i.e, CBO-3, mentioning the transfer your policy to new branch i.e, 220. and it will be done.

      You can also send a mail to the branch manager of old branch regarding the change of branch for your policy. The email id will be the bo_(name of the branch) In your case you have not mentioned branch code for CBO-3. Please find out the branch code for the same and you can send the mail for the same.

      Example: If the branch code is 115 then the branch mail will be

  3. dear sir/madam
    i had bought a lic policy at bangalore branch. Later i shifted my branch to chandigarh where i also took a loan of 52,000 rs on lic policy and i was made to surrender my original policy bond with the branch in chandigarh. Now i stay in new delhi and want to shift the policy to new delhi and pay the loan, premiums here. can you please guide me regarding the procedure. do i have to repay the loan before shifting? how will i get my policy document back?

    thank you

    dr ashok

    • You can not shift your policy to Delhi unless you do not clear your loan taken in Chandigarh. Clear your loan, get the policy bond from Chandigarh and then you can transfer your policy to Delhi.

  4. Dear admin,

    Thanks for reply……!!!

    please give me a emailing format, aur mujhe batayen ki mujhe kya document milega jisse pata chale ki policy branch change ho gai hai aur essme Agent ka kya roll hai aur kis agent ke dekh rakh me policy hogi……Please reply as soon as possible.

    T. & R.,
    Sudhir Singh

  5. Dear admin,

    Thanks for reply……!!!

    please give me a emailing format, aur mujhe batayen ki mujhe kya document milega jisse pata chale ki policy branch change ho gai hai aur essme Agent ka kya roll hai aur kis agent ke dekh rakh me policy hogi……Please reply as soon as possible.

    T. & R.,
    Sudhir Singh

  6. i wanted to know that change brache office delhi to uttarakhand shri nagar so
    Please send me application formet in my email address

    thanks & regards
    ram prakash

    • There is no specific format for it. Simply write a letter in language you are comfortable to the branch manager of the current branch regarding to change the branch. Note: Do give the details of the new branch like branch no. and address.

  7. I have taken Jeevan Chhaya in 2009, can I change the policy from Jeevan Chaya to Jeevan Saral? Will lose any previously paid premium?

  8. I have applied for transfer my policy from Jamshedpur to new delhi, how will i get to know that my policy has been transfered or not.

  9. I had taken my LIC policy No.908995732 through Salary Savings Scheme at Mumbai (Unit 9354). I am transferred to Delhi hence I want to transfer the same to delhi and convert to ordinary policy so that I can directly pay the premium myself.

    I went to branch No.11J at K.G.Marg, New Delhi. They said I should contact bombay branch. Is there any form for branch transfer?

    • Policies under Salary saving scheme normally do not transfer. First give a letter to your Mumbai branch for stopping the salary from SSS to monthly mode. once it will be in monthly mode it can be transferred to Delhi.

  10. i have applied for transfer of my policy (483255225) from guwahati branch to sibsagar branch…i have applied for it in march..and still it is not transfered..when i enquired guwahati branch, they told me that they have sent many times transfer request thro internet..but sibsagar branch is not accepting.. when i enquired sibsagar branch they know nothing abt it… what shld i do nw? plz mail me

    • Mails definitely work in LIC but no body is accountable to it as they are difficult to track but the best option is if you submit the request in the concerned branch physically and get the receiving of the same and keep the receiving with you for future references or contact any agent of that branch.

  11. Sir,
    I have 3 LIC Policy from Uttarpara, Hooghly Branch. I have enrolled all of them in your Online Portal. Due to some unavoidable reason , I could not paid the premium in time for a Year (FY11-12) and now want to revive it. But as i stay at different place , is it possible to revive and paid the due premium with interest , as applicable, in my nearest branch ? My policy details are completely available at Online portal. Kindly help.

    • There are various methods of reviving policies.

      If EDMS is available in the nearest branch, then yes you can revive these policies to your nearest branch. Contact your nearest branch for EDMS details.

  12. I have three policies with branch Chickballapura (code no.606) i want it to be transfered to Krishna Rajapuram (Bangalore) plese guide me.

    • There are two options
      For online: Please send mail to for change of branch from 606 to the new branch (Do mention branch number) in Banglore.
      Do follow up to check whether it is done or not.

      For offline: Please submit a written request at 606 branch for change of branch from 606 to the new branch.
      Do keep the receiving of your branch change letter for future use.

  13. Hi,
    I had purchased 1 LIC policy and it was having my home town address. Later, I transferred my policy to couple of other branches as and when I changed my job.
    Now, I want to make a request for changing my address as my home town but I do not know whcih LIC branch is registered in my policy and that is why I do not know where to give application for changing the address.
    Please help.
    Best Regards,

  14. Hello Sir ,
    I have 2 Policy in Delhi ( Branch Code: 11J ) . I want to transfer my policy Delhi to Panchkula Branch Code: 16N . Sir plz help how to this possible.

  15. Hi,

    I have opened the ULIP Policy at Coimbatore Branch. I want to transfer the Policy to Dindigul. I Spoke to customer care, they told me that ULIP cannot be transfer policy.
    I would like to know is there any way to transfer the policy.


Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

You may use these HTML tags and attributes: <a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <strike> <strong>